10. A Little Snarkiness Goes a Long Way
Our ability to take ourselves a little less seriously or to get the other person to smile or chuckle when we’re cold calling may help us get the meeting.
Our ability to take ourselves a little less seriously or to get the other person to smile or to chuckle—particularly when we’re cold calling—may have an impact on our ability to reach our objective which, as we know, is to get the meeting.
And so, what do you say when you somebody says, “I’ve got no time.”? You could say, “Well, neither do I!” If the reaction will get a chuckle.
Remember that sometimes cold calling is a game and you use a set of skills that is opposite. Well, one of the skills that I will use when I’m face-to-face is I’m going to be completely respectful. Sometimes when I’m cold calling I need to be willing to be slightly less than respectful. And if I can tweak them in some way... Isn’t is possible that that chuckle will change their perspective of me, will break the tension that usually exists when we’re cold calling, and might lead to a more fruitful conversation.
Cold Calling Review Topics:
- Prospecting Is a Game
- Why Make Cold Calls?
- How to Make a Cold Call Warmer
- Make a Plan
- Value to “Them” Gets You in the Door
- A Positioning Statement Puts Your Best Foot Forward
- Handling Resistance to Meeting
- Make Them an Offer They Can’t Refuse
- Be CHARMing When You Get Resistance Cold Calling
- A Little Snark Can Go a Long Way
- Handling the Objection “I’ve Got No Time”
- Three Last Gasps for When All Else Fails