11. Handling the Objection “I’ve Got No Time”
What do you do with the objection, when you’re prospecting or cold calling, “I’ve got no time.”
What do you do with the objection, when you’re prospecting or cold calling, “I’ve got no time.” Well, there’s a number of directions you can go with this. One is, “When will you have time?” A second is, “Do you have no time now? Or do you have no time ever?” If the person says, “Well, this is our busy season”… “When is your slow season?” One of the things I frequently do when someone says “I’ve got no time.” or “This is a busy time.” I go out a month: “What does your calendar look like four weeks from now?” As this happens to be May, “What does your calendar look like in June?” That might work as well.
What else can you do when somebody says, “I’ve got no time.”? “You’ve got to eat, don’t you? How about lunch?” or “What if I come by with breakfast?”
I have clients tell me about the horrifying event when somebody says, “Why don’t you come by at 4?“ “Fine! How do you take your coffee?”
If this is about getting face-to-face, you need a good response when people throw resistance your way, like “I’ve got no time.” Come up with a good answer!
Cold Calling Review Topics:
- Prospecting Is a Game
- Why Make Cold Calls?
- How to Make a Cold Call Warmer
- Make a Plan
- Value to “Them” Gets You in the Door
- A Positioning Statement Puts Your Best Foot Forward
- Handling Resistance to Meeting
- Make Them an Offer They Can’t Refuse
- Be CHARMing When You Get Resistance Cold Calling
- A Little Snark Can Go a Long Way
- Handling the Objection “I’ve Got No Time”
- Three Last Gasps for When All Else Fails